Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Part of the Assignments


Interview with Astin Cole


  • How often do you go to El Agave, the mexican resturant on main street? Quite often, about every other week on average.
  • What did you think of the restaurant's atmosphere and decor?             The atmosphere seems folk-y in a semi authentic way. it captures the aesthetic taste of the Hispanic ownership without apearing like a campy chain restaurant.
  • How was the service?                                                                    The service is open and friendly. I joke with the waiters and they already know what I want before I order. The interpersonal quality of the establishment far exceeds your average restaurant.
  • Was the food to your liking?                                                           The food is always to my liking, making El Agave easily my favorite eatery in Montevallo. They could teach Eclipse and the cafe a thing or two about making a competent quesadilla .
  • Overall, how would you rate the restaurant?                                      9/10: As it scales with competing places in the city. 8.3/10 compared to similar restaurants due to the inferiority of non-culinary accommodations such as seats, the size of the establishment, etc. 

Description of my meal

I ordered a cheese quesadilla and bean burrito which came with Mexican rice and beans. The food was piping hot when it came out and looked delicious. The quesadilla was crunchy on the outside and gooey in the middle; a cheese lover's dream. The burrito was covered in a delicious sauce that added to the flavor of the beans inside. The side of rice added depth to the flavor of the burrito when eaten together. My only problem with the dish was the doubling of beans. I would rather a side of lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream instead of another portion of beans with a bean burrito, but it wasnt detrimental to the dish. This meal was delectable, quite filling, and only put me back $7.25 (I ordered water to drink). I give this meatless dish a 9/10. My suggestion to anyone ordering this meal: ask the server to switch the side of beans with a side of lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.


Food Quality

Will write after seeing all of the reviews, but I will say something about it all tastes fresh and we all liked it, ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.